Current Version: 4.0
Updating SeqSphere+ to version 4.0
We recommend to update both parts of the SeqSphere+ software: the client and the server.
Therefore please use the following steps to update the server and the client:
- Start the SeqSphere+ client, but ignore the update notice and don't download the update yet.
- Log in as Administrator.
- Invoke from the menu Administration | Server System Administration.
- Press the button Server Online Update and confirm the download and installation of the update.
- The server is shutting down after the update was installed. Wait a few minutes until the shutdown has completed.
- Start the SeqSphere+ server again.
- In the SeqSphere+ client use the menu Help | Search Online Update and confirm the download and installation of the update.
- If the client runs on Windows, the Windows authentication dialog opens when the downloaded update is installed.
- Start the SeqSphere+ client again.
Please contact us if you have any problems or questions about the updates.
Major Changes in Version 4.0
It is highly recommended but not necessary not only to update the CLIENT but also the SERVER software. For some new feature (e.g., comparison table ‘snapshots’) a SERVER update is required. This is a major update that features the storage of comparison table and minimum spanning tree content and layout (including coloring) for later reuse (called a comparison table snapshot) and the search of group specific SNVs to develop highly specific screening assays. In addition, smaller improvement, renaming of functions/commands, and several bug-fixes are part of this release.
Please use the Ridom SeqSphere+ menu Help | About to see the complete list of version changes.