Current Version: 3.5
Updating SeqSphere+ to version 3.5
We recommend to update both parts of the SeqSphere+ software: the client and the server.
Therefore please use the following steps to update the server and the client:
- Start the SeqSphere+ client, but ignore the update notice and don't download the update yet.
- Log in as Administrator.
- Invoke from the menu Administration | Server System Administration.
- Press the button Server Online Update and confirm the download and installation of the update.
- The server is shutting down after the update was installed. Wait a few minutes until the shutdown has completed.
- Start the SeqSphere+ server again.
- In the SeqSphere+ client use the menu Help | Search Online Update and confirm the download and installation of the update.
- If the client runs on Windows, the Windows authentication dialog opens when the downloaded update is installed.
- Start the SeqSphere+ client again.
Please contact us if you have any problems or questions about the updates.
Major Changes in Version 3.5
This is a maintenance release with a number of smaller improvements and bug fixes. Most important the SRA download and ENA upload functions are now working again. The Linux client of SeqSphere+ was updated to SPAdes 3.9.0 de novo assembler. The --careful function was disabled by default for more reliable results, especially with low quality Illumina reads. Support for Velvet on Linux was discontinued due to issues with low quality Illumina reads.
Please use the Ridom SeqSphere+ menu Help | About to see the complete list of version changes.